Wednesday, July 24, 2013

EDAD 536 July 24, 2013

What I learned Today

Over the past few days, I have been working through learning how to blog and finally feel comfortable doing it.  I find that I am enjoying reading and responding to what others have written. I really  appreciate and enjoy starting each day with quite time to reflect.  Life gets so busy that it is nice to slow down and have some reflection time.

Discussion of Poor use of Technology

Todd's quote, "How do we educate teachers to use technology effectively?" I also liked  the "the three prong approach "
  • One to One with teachers
  • Clearly, repeating administrative expectations
  • Provided extra time for teachers to get the job done
"Our goal is to help teachers become technology literate "

Google Guy

OMG this was fantastic.  I love the translator option for documents.  What a resource for districts.  I want to learn more about real time sharing.  This was the first time I have ever used Google Docs.  I will use this!
Finding the balance in the classroom, the role of the teacher is changing.
I am a strong veliee in project based learning. This levels the field for all students .
Student source: google sitehttps://sites.google.com/a/beaverton.k12.or.us/studentsource/home


Brain Research

I am interested in reading some of Jane McGonical's work on game based learning.

Today I learned so much, my brain is spinning.  I definitely want to introduce Google docs to my small school districts so that they can use the translate application. I have some great ideas for professional development for next year.





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being so open to all the new things presented in class this week--esp today. G's work is fantastic and we're so happy to have him in Beaverton. I'm excited for your new thinking around your final project. Let me know how I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read your thoughts. I was also so amazed with the Google tools. I went home and shared with several folks! Good luck on your project Becky.

    ReplyDelete