Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 23, Thoughts and Reflections
Great discussions today about how technology is used well in education.  I got some great ideas. The use of Dragon Speak to help students with speaking and writing to express their thoughts was powerful.

Discussion of Transforming Schools with Technology
Technology is a tool for us to use in our teaching.  Teachers are always using a variety of resources to teach and help students learn.  The ultimate goal is for students to become successful learners.

Use of Video to Tell a Story
A common theme of short pieces of text that student's held up.  Technology is essential to educatiing students.  The repeated theme of teach me to think, teach me to create, teach me to evaluate was inspiring. My question is, shouldn't we be teaching students to think, create and evaluate?

iMovie
This was fun and engaging! The best part of this activity was that I learned something new that I can take back and share with teachers. I can see how having students make movies will be excellent for building   language skills and providing language practice.  Students could also demonstrate learning by making a movie. This resource tool can be used in a variety of ways. It fits well with "Teach me to create", from the video that we saw today.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you saw the connection from the videos you saw to the videos you produced. Yes, education should be a creative forum for students and teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Videos are power tools and it is awesome that imovie allows educators to easily improve communication, teach opportunities & student engagement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really seen the power of video in education. It's great to use to get students' attention ad to use to have students show what they have learned. When students make a film, they have to teach. We all know the teacher learns the most.
    Cool blog, Bobby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, appreciate the thinking, learning and creativity that goes into making a video. I am also very interested in finding ways to incorporate video into our building staff development. I have often shown clips pulled from TED or YouTube, and now I am excited to build some of our own videos to use with staff.

    ReplyDelete