Monday, July 22, 2013

Notes and Thoughts From, Today
Video #1
 Technology changes the way we teach and learn. The crazy thing about it is constantly changing! I think it has to be a balance so that students learn how to interact with others collaboratively.  As I listen to this video, I am struck by the how thoughtful use of technology taps into the use of multiple intelligences.
Thoughts:
  • Responsible use of tech.
  • Technology is a tool and resource to use to learn
  • The use of personal mobile devices
  • Training
  • Freedom of sharing
  • Equal access for all students-how do we make this happen? Whose job is it? 
  • Digital Equity
  • Schools as community centers- using our schools after hours.   
Video #2
Climate crisis of human resources-poor use of our talents. Education systems are being reformed now, but why the system is broken.  There is a need for an educational transformation.  Education is on a linear track / organic
  • Not everyone needs to go to college, maybe later or not at all.
  • We have built our education system on conformity-fast food model of education
  • Its about passion, if you are doing something you love., changing education system to  move from industrial to organic where students will flourish (teachers too).
  • Dreams to reality.
Thoughts
The most exciting thing I learned today was how to create a blog!  It was fairly easy to do.  I was very lucky to sit between two knowledgeable people who helped me out a lot!
Last week I took a class on Priority Leadership and on of the most important take a ways from the class is the use of reflection time after learning.  The blog will serve to be the reflection tool.

I am excited to enrich my technology knowledge and use.  My challenge is how can I get this into the hands of teacher since I work in numerous district with various levels of technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment